When users access the Academy, users agree to how the Academy collects personal information. To protect users’ right to privacy, the rules are as follows.
The Collection, Processing and Utilisation of Personal Information
- The Academy complies with the privacy policies and advertising policies of social media platforms such as Facebook, Google, Line, etc.
- Information obtained or collected from users, shall only be used for services provided by the Academy. The Academy will collect, process, and use relevant information (e.g. email, gender, name, birthday, etc) from users who sign in using social media accounts, in order to provide better services that meet users’ demand.
- Users who participate in the activities held by the Academy will be asked to provide necessary information for inspection according to the nature of the activity or business, unless otherwise rejected in writing by the user.
- The information will only be used on activities related to the Academy, the Academy will not use the information for other purposes that are not related to the Academy.
- When transaction occurs on the Academy platform, the information provided such as email, name, credit card information, Government Uniform Invoice number, etc will be disclosed to third parties collaborating with the Academy. The Academy will collect information based on the needs of social welfare and the purposes of the activity.
Information Disclosure Regulation
- Standard browsing: To evaluate site traffic, the related records auto-generated by the server when users are browsing the website, including IP address associated with the domain, period of usage, browser used, information browsed and clicked, etc.
- Other disclosed information: When users participate in public events held by the Academy, make public speeches…set as public, users agree to disclose the information to other users to view, and agree to let the Academy use the information in a reasonable way.
Information Confidentiality Policy
- The Academy is equipped with data security facilities and necessary security precautions to ensure that the personal information of users can only be accessed by the authorised parties. All relevant personnel have signed the Non-Disclosure Agreement. In the event of a violation of this Agreement, the violating party will face related legal consequences.
- If it is necessary to appoint other contractors to provide services due to business needs, the Academy will strictly require the contractors to comply with the confidentiality obligation, and will take necessary inspection process to ensure the contractors abide by the rules.
- The Academy does not provide the personal information of users to other individuals, groups, private enterprises or government agencies. However, the aforementioned statement may not apply under the following circumstances: (1) Agreed in writing by the user. (2) Expressly stipulated in law. (3) To avert imminent danger to the life, body, liberty, or property of any person. (4) In cooperation with a government agency or academic research institution. For necessary statistical or academic research based on public interest, and when the information is processed by the provider or handled by certain method of disclosure by the collector so that it is impossible to identify any individual. (5) When certain behaviours of the user violate the Membership Terms of Service, or may potentially damage or obstruct the website and the rights of other users, or cause damage to any individual, and it is considered as necessary by the managing unit of the website to reveal user’s personal information in order to distinguish, contact or take legal action after evaluation. (6) Beneficial to the user. (7) Helps enhance the service quality of the Academy.
The Use of Cookie
- Cookie is used in order to provide users with the best services, the Academy will store and use our Cookie in the user’s computer.
- If users do not accept our use of Cookie, users can set the slider in the privacy tab of the browser settings to “high”, this will block Cookie, but it may also cause certain functions of the website to fail.
Your Personal Information Rights
You can access your personal information at any time and make possible correction. If you would like to exercise any of your rights (including but not limited to delete any personal information, provide you a copy of the personal information we obtained from you or restrict our usage to the extent practicable), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . However, if such requests are impracticable or are against applicable regulations, we will have to suspend or discontinue our services.
We will keep your information as long as we are still in business, or until you send us a request to delete your account.
- If the website of the Academy contains external links to other websites, those third-party websites shall be responsible for their own privacy policies.